Welcome to the world of ESL conversation questions! As an English as a Second Language (ESL) learner, one of the most effective ways to improve your language skills is through practice and conversation.
Engaging in conversation with native speakers or other learners can help you build your confidence, expand your vocabulary, and improve your grammar.
In this post, we’ll explore some popular and thought-provoking conversation questions that you can use to practice your English skills and have meaningful discussions with others. Whether you’re a beginner or an advanced learner, these questions are sure to challenge and inspire you. So let’s dive in and start practicing!
Questions about Learning English
These are sets of questions about learning English.
- How long have you been learning English?
- Why do you want to learn English?
- What’s your current English level?
- What English level do you expect to achieve?
- What are your goals for learning English?
Would you Rather Questions for ESL Conversations
These are some great “would you rather” questions for the ESL Classroom
- Would you rather be able to fly or be invisible?
- Would you rather live in a treehouse or a castle?
- Would you rather live in the city or the countryside?
- Would you rather be able to talk to animals or speak any language fluently?
- Would you rather have a photographic memory or be able to teleport?
- Would you rather have a personal chef or a personal shopper?
These are some questions about Thanksgiving
- What does Thanksgiving mean to you?
- What do you know about Thanksgiving?
- Have you ever celebrated Thanksgiving?
- Is Thanksgiving celebrated in your country?
- What foods do you usually eat for Thanksgiving?
- What time do people start eating during Thanksgiving?
- What do you do after Thanksgiving dinner?
Neighborhood Conversation Questions
These are some examples of neighborhood conversation questions
- When did you move into the neighborhood?
- Do you like your neighborhood? What do you like about it?
- Does your neighborhood have all the facilities you need?
- What facilities would you like to add to your neighborhood?
- What would you like to change about your neighborhood?
Video Games: General Questions
These are some general questions about video games
- What are some of your favorite video games?
- What are some video games that you think are underrated?
- Do you prefer playing single-player games or multiplayer games, and why?
- Have you ever been part of a video game community?
- In your opinion, what makes a good video game?
TikTok: General Conversation Questions
These are some general Tik Tok conversation questions
- What type of content creators do you follow?
- How has TikTok become such a popular app?
- What makes TikTok different from other social media platforms?
- How has TikTok impacted the world of social media?
- Do you think that TikTok gets better as more content creators join the platform?
- Were you hesitant about joining TikTok at first?
- What do you think about other platform copying what Tiktok does well?
General Questions about Facebook
These are some general questions about Facebook
- Do you have a Facebook account?
- Do you still have your original Facebook account?
- Have you ever created and closed a Facebook account?
- Do you use your real name on Facebook?
- How many Facebook friends do you have?
- How do you decide who to add as a friend on Facebook?
- What do you like about Facebook?
Book Conversation Questions
These are some general questions about books
- What are you reading right now?
- What book will you read next?
- How do you choose what books you want to read?
- What makes you love a book?
- What books do you recommend to others?
- What book do you want to read again?
Favorite Questions in General
These are my favorite questions about a bunch of things
- What’s your favorite color?
- What’s your favorite website to learn English?
- What’s your favorite way to relax?
- Who is your favorite cousin?
- What is your favorite name?
- What is your favorite type of car?
- Who is your favorite teacher?
- Who is your favorite coworker?
Questions about Technology
These are the best discussion questions about technology
- What are some of the greatest technological achievements?
- How might technology change in the future?
- How does technology affect the economy?
- Why should we care about technology in schools?
- What are the advantages of technology?
- What are the disadvantages of technology?
Friend Conversation Questions
These are some examples of friend conversation questions
- What is a best friend?
- Can you describe your best friend?
- What do you like about your best friend?
- How do you make new friends?
- Do you make friends easily?
- Do you have long-distance friends?
Music Conversation Questions
These are some questions to learn more about your music taste
- What kind of music do you like?
- What type of music do you dislike?
- How often do you like to music?
- Where do you listen to music?
- What are some music videos that you like?
- Who is your favorite singer?
Our Latest Blog Posts
These are some of the resources used in this post
- Imagen de Freepik