Shopping is one of the most common, and enjoyable things that we do. We shop for clothes, food, and other items primarily to meet our needs and wants.
Almost every day we go shopping for something; perhaps it is to buy groceries or household products, or maybe you are going out shopping today.
The questions below are questions that can be used to discuss the positive and bad things about shopping.
Table of Contents
General Questions about Shopping
These are some general questions about shipping
- How often do you go shopping?
- Who do you go shopping with?
- Do you use coupons when you are shopping?
- What kind of budget do you set for shopping?
- Where is your favorite place to shop?
- How much money is enough for shopping each week or month?
- Do you like to try new things when you are shopping?
- Do you go to the same place when shopping?
- What do you buy most when you are shopping?
- Do you care about buying things that you really need?
- What is the best thing about shopping for you?
- Is there anything that annoys you about shopping?
- Why do people enjoy shopping so much?
- How can you keep your spending under control when you are shopping?
- What’s the most expensive item you have ever bought?
- What is the most inexpensive item you have ever bought?
- Do you sometimes ask for refunds?
- How often do you go to the mall?
- What’s your favorite store?
- What’s your favorite supermarket?
- Do you ever buy second-hand goods?
- What are some techniques that stores or shops use to attract more customers?
- How important is good customer service when you are shopping?
Questions about Shopping Deals
These are some common questions about deals
- Do you like to buy items on sale?
- Do you like to buy items at a discount?
- Do you take advantage of Black Friday discounts?
- Do you take advantage of Cyber Monday deals?
- When is the best time to buy items for you?
- How do you decide if an item is a good deal?
- Do you like online deals as much as store deals?
- What do you think about people fighting over discounted items in stores?
Questions about Shopping Online
These are the best conversation questions about shopping online
- Do you prefer shopping online?
- How do you shop online?
- How often do you buy stuff online?
- Do you like to shop for clothes, electronics, or books online?
- What questions should I ask myself before signing up for a shopping website?
- Do you shop for things on Amazon?
- What do you usually buy on Amazon?
- Where can I find the best deals online?
- Where is the best place to buy electronics online?
- How do you know a website is safe, secure, and reliable?
- Have you ever had problems with the shipping or delivery of something purchased online?
- Do online stores have good customer service?
- Have you ever returned an item you bought online?
- What are the pros and cons of buying stuff online?
- Have you been scammed online?
- Has one of your cards being used online without your consent?
- Is Online shopping is becoming more and more popular each day?
More ESL Conversation Questions
If you are looking for more resources to practice your English skills or have meaningful conversations with your students, I’ve compiled a list of some posts with conversation questions.
Check them out before your leave:
- Discussion Questions about Feminism
- Discussion Questions about Wars
- Discussion Questions about Fashion and Clothing
- Discussion Questions about Goals
- 70 Good Conversation Questions about Traveling
- Discussion Questions about Poverty
- 50 Discussion Questions about Celebrities