Poverty is a condition characterized by the lack of certain minimum standards of living. The term poverty can also be used as an identifier for any person or family who falls below that line.
People have many questions about poverty, you might wonder how to fight poverty to make a better world.
Let’s explore what poverty means with the following series of questions
Table of Contents
General Questions about Poverty
These are general questions about poverty
- What’s poverty?
- What is extreme poverty?
- What causes poverty?
- Have you ever experienced poverty?
- What are some of the myths that people have about poverty?
- What are the poorest countries in the world?
- What are the richest countries in the world
- What are the main causes of hunger in Africa?
- How is poverty reduced?
- How can you tell if someone is poor?
- How is poverty measured?
- What kind of problems do poor people have?
- Do you feel sorry for people who live on the street?
- Can money solve all the problems of the world?
- Does absolute poverty still exist in the world?
- How is a nation’s standard of living determined?
- Is it important to help poor people?
- Is poverty increasing or decreasing in the world?
- Would you pay more taxes, if this would eliminate poverty?
- Will there always be poverty in the world?
- What is the relationship between an individual’s income and his or her health?
- How does extreme poverty affect health?
- Do countries combat low pay?
- What differentiates the effects of poverty on men and women?
Poverty and Homelessness
These are some questions about poverty and homelessness
- What’s homelessness?
- Are there homeless people in your country?
- How does the government in your country support the homeless?
- How many people are homeless in your country?
- What do the homeless do when they feel hungry?
- What are the main causes of homelessness?
- What can we do about homelessness?
- Have you ever visited a homeless shelter?
- Do the homeless are often victims of criminals?
- In what ways does homelessness affect children?
- Are you aware of any social groups that help homeless people in your country?
- How do homeless people cope with the day-to-day realities?
- What are some of the myths that people have about homelessness?
- What problems do you associate with homelessness?
Poverty and Food Programs
These are some questions to explore the help given by food programs to combat poverty
- What are food programs?
- What are the main goals of food programs?
- Are there food programs available in your country?
- How many people in the world have inadequate access to safe and nutritious food?
More ESL Conversation Questions
These are some posts with more ESL conversation questions