Fashion is something that some people learn to love, and others detest. It is a way for people to express themselves and show who they are.
People have many questions about fashion and clothing, questions that sometimes do not have simple answers. Here are some questions about fashion and clothing:
- What should I wear on a first date?
- What is the difference between formal and casual?
- Why should we care about fashion and clothing?
Here are a few more questions about fashion and clothing to have an interesting conversation around the topic.
Table of Contents
Questions about Fashion
These are some common questions about fashion
- What’s fashion?
- How can I find out what fashion is popular at this time of year?
- Do you read fashion magazines?
- Can you be fashionable without spending money?
- Where is a fashionable city in your country?
- How do designers come up with new ideas for clothing?
- Who is the world’s most famous designer?
- Why should we care about fashion?
- Do you think people should wear what is popular or fashionable?
- How does fashion change over time?
- Do you find it hard to keep up with new trends in fashion?
- How do fashions change through history?
- What is the difference between “fashionable” and “stylish”?
- Who decides what’s fashionable?
- Whose fashion style do you admire most?
- Whose fashion style do you dislike the most?
- Are there certain brands that are better than others?
- Why would someone want a designer handbag or purse?
- Do you prefer brand new clothes?
- Do fashionable clothes really change the way a person looks?
- What is in fashion for women this year?
- What is in fashion for men this year?
- Which country or city is the most fashionable in the world?
- What are some of the silliest fashions you have seen?
- If you were a fashion designer, what kind of clothes would you design?
- Do you have your own fashion or follow the trends?
- What do you think about fashion in other countries?
- Have you ever been to a fashion show?
Questions about Clothing
These are some common questions about clothing
- What colors do you like to wear?
- What colors do you dislike?
- What do you wear to a job interview?
- What do you usually wear for work?
- How much are you willing to pay for shoes?
- How much are you willing to pay for jeans?
- How much are you willing to pay for shirts and t-shirts?
- How much are you willing to pay for jackets and coats?
- How often do you change your clothes?
- Is there something wrong with people wearing the same thing all the time?
- Do you think that people should always dress nicely?
- When was the last time you tried a new style of clothing?
- Where do you usually buy clothing?
- Does your social status determine what type of clothing you buy?
- What would you wear to a disco?
- What wouldn’t you wear to a wedding?
- What do you wear to a nightclub?
- Is it okay to wear nice clothing while jogging or working out?
- How many pairs of pants do you own?
- Do you ever steal your friends’ clothes?
- What is your favorite article of clothing?
- What’s the most expensive clothing item you have bought?
- Do you like shopping for new clothes?
- Do you often buy new clothes?
- Does your clothing ever go out of style?
- What is your favorite piece of clothing that is currently in fashion?
- What do you do with clothing that you don’t wear anymore?
- Do you buy clothing online?
Opinions of Fashion and Clothing
These are some questions to learn about your opinions about fashion trends and clothing
- What do you think of people who always wear black?
- What do you think of people who always wear bright colors?
- What do you think of girls who like wearing skirts and dresses?
- What do you think of girls who like masculine clothing?
- What do you think of people with body piercing?
- What do you think about secondhand clothes?
- What do you think of women wearing high heels?
- What do you think about people wearing tight clothing?
- What do you think of people wearing hats?
- What do you think about people with tattoos?
- What do you think about some of the clothing worn by celebrities in the red carpet?
More ESL Conversation Questions
If you are looking for more resources to practice your English skills or have meaningful conversations with your students, I’ve compiled a list of some posts with conversation questions.
Check them out before your leave: