You may not think that school is a place to have fun and make friends, but it really can be. It’s hard work sometimes, but the rewards are great.
You learn basic things about subjects that you might not know anything about if you don’t go to school.
We also get to enjoy recess time with our friends. The teachers care about us and will help us when we need it most. School is more than just learning math or reading; there is so much more!
Let’s explore some memories and opinions about your school with these conversation questions.
Table of Contents
School Conversation Questions
These are some school conversation question divided into the following categories:
|#1||Your Experience in School|
|#2||Changing Things from School|
|#3||Thoughts about School|
|#4||Thoughts about you as Student|
Your Experience in School
These are some school conversation questions about your experience in school
- What was your favorite subject in school and why?
- Did you ever get a bad grade on an assignment or test?
- Did you enjoy your time in school?
- What was the best part of being a student?
- Did you skip classes?
- Did you have any teachers that you didn’t like?
- Did you have a highschool sweetheart?
- Did you play in any school team?
- Were you a member of the school band?
- Did you fail classes?
- Did you see any fights in school?
Changing Things in School
These are some school conversation questions about what you would change if you have the power to do so
- Would you enroll to school again if you could be young again?
- What would you change from school if you could change three things?
- What three subjects would you add to the school curriculum?
- What three subjects would you remove from the school curriculum?
- What advice would you give to a new student?
Thoughts about School
These are some conversation questions to explore your thoughts about school related topic
- What do you think about authoritative teachers?
- What do you think about permissive teachers?
- What’s the role of a teacher?
- What’s the role of a learner?
- What do you think about online classes?
Thoughts about you as Student
These are some conversation questions to explore who you are a student
- Do you usually do homework after school?
- Do you usually come late to classes?
- Do you usually pay attention in classes?
- Do you check your mobile phone while you’re in classes?
- Do you cheat on exams?
- Do you think it is possible to work while you study?
I hope that you have found these school conversation questions interesting. As we’ve seen, there are many things to talk about when it comes to the topic of education!
The school conversation questions we’ve listed are just a few of the many conversations that may have come up
What other questions came to your mind when looking at these questions?
More ESL Conversation Questions
If you are looking for more resources to practice your English skills or have meaningful conversations with your students, I’ve compiled a list of some posts with conversation questions.
Check them out before your leave
- Conversation Questions about Jobs
- Questions about Dreams
- Questions about Hobbies
- Conversation Questions about Pets
- Family Conversation Questions
- Conversation Questions about Friends
- Questions about Computers