Most of us love traveling. We get to meet new people, go to different destinations, and experience other cultures.
Where would you like to do? who would you like to travel to? are some common questions that experienced and new travelers have.
These are some of the most common questions that people have about traveling for you to have an interesting conversation with your friends or students.
Table of Contents
Questions about Traveling
These are some common questions about traveling to different parts of the World
- Where would you like to travel?
- When would you like to travel?
- What countries in Africa would you like to visit?
- What countries in Asia would you like to visit?
- What European countries would you find more interesting?
- What countries in America would you like to visit?
- If you could go anywhere in the world, where would it be?
- What country would you like to visit next year?
- What would you like to experience during your traveling?
- Would you like to live in a foreign country for a while (if so, which one?)
- If you could choose one place to go this weekend, where would it be?
- What would you recommend for someone who is planning a vacation in the United States?
- What advice would you give to somebody traveling alone?
- Would you rather visit another country or travel within your own country?
- Would you say that traveling has changed you as a person?
- Would you consider swimming with sharks in your next travel?
Questions about Plans for Traveling
These are some common questions about the arrangements that you have to make before or during traveling.
- How will you get there?
- Where would you stay while on a trip?
- What activities would you like to do activities while you are on vacation?
- Would you be willing to camp in a tent?
- What about staying in a hotel?
- Do you know anyone who has taken this same trip?
- How much time would you spend traveling?
- How much can you afford to spend on your trip?
- Where did you find information about trips?
- What is a good travel guidebook?
- Do you recommend any specific travel websites?
- Do You Need a Visa When Traveling Abroad?
- Do you plan your trips beforehand or do they just happen spontaneously?
- What scares you the most about traveling?
Questions about Past Travels you have done
These are some questions about your travel experience
- Have you been abroad?
- Where have you been?
- How many countries have you visited?
- How did you get there?
- What have been the purpose of some of your trips?
- Did you enjoy all of your trips?
- What could have made your trips more enjoyable for you?
- Did anything bad happen while traveling with a group of people?
- Have you ever traveled on your own?
- When did you get the opportunity to travel by yourself?
- Did you enjoy traveling alone? Why or why not?
- What is the most exciting thing that happened while traveling?
- What was the most boring part of your trip? How long were you in each country?
- What was the most exciting part of your trip? How long were you in each country?
- Have you ever been in a difficult situation while traveling?
- Have you ever gone on a cruise vacation before? If so, what did you like/dislike about the experience?
- Have you traveled in business class?
- What was the most recent place in which you traveled?
- What is one of your favorite trips that you took this year? What made it so special? Did anything bad happen on this trip that made it memorable?
- Have you ever gotten lost while traveling?
- Have you ever been robbed during vacations?
- Have you ever had an accident while traveling?
- Have you ever fallen in love with someone?
- What’s the most extreme activity that you have done while traveling?
Your Travel Preferences
These are some questions about your travel preferences
- Do you like to travel with children? Why or why not?
- Do you like to travel with your mother? Why or why not?
- Do you prefer summer vacations or winter vacations?
- Do you prefer to travel alone or in a group? Why?
- Do you prefer to travel by train, bus, plane or ship?
- Do you prefer traveling by car or by plane?
- Do you prefer traveling to nearby countries or distant countries?
- Are you adventurous and willing to try new things or not? Why?
- What is your favorite type of transportation to use while traveling?
- What are you not looking forward to about traveling in the United States?
- Do you prefer luxury hotels or budget hotels? Why or why not?
- Do you prefer active or relaxing holidays? Why?
- Do you like to shop while traveling or not?
- How much money do you like to spend on holidays? Why or why not?
- Do you take a lot of pictures while traveling?
- Do you prefer recording videos rather than taking pictures?
- Do you usually share where you are on social media?
More ESL Conversation Questions
If you are looking for more resources to practice your English skills or have meaningful conversations with your students, I’ve compiled a list of some posts with conversation questions.
Check them out before your leave: