Honesty means to not lie or deceive people. It means that we tell the truth and do not hide things from others.
We can be honest with our friends because they are trustworthy and won’t judge us for telling them the truth.
Let’s explore what honesty is through a series of questions that will help you become more familiar with this value.
Questions about Honesty
These are some key questions about honesty that you can ask yourself or explore with students and classmates
- What’s your definition of honesty?
- Do you think that you are an honest person?
- How do you know when you can trust someone?
- How would you feel if someone lies to you?
- How do you feel when you don’t trust someone?
- What are the benefits of being a trustworthy person?
- What do you look for in someone so you know you can trust him/her?
- What makes a person trustworthy?
- How do you define a “lie”?
- Is it ever okay to lie? When would that be?
- What is a white lie?
- Do you tell white lies?
- When was the last time you told a white lie?
- What is the biggest lie you’ve ever told?
- Have you ever been lied to by someone you care about?
- Are there any people that you don’t trust? why don’t you trust them?
- When is dishonesty justifiable?
- What can you lose by being dishonest?
- What can you gain from being honest?
- Do you distance yourself from people who are dishonest?
I hope these questions have helped you think about honesty in a new way. What other conversation starters or questions would you include to help someone be more honest?
If you come up with other questions about honesty, feel free to share them on my board.
More ESL Conversation Questions
If you are looking for more resources to practice your English skills or have meaningful conversations with your students, I’ve compiled a list of some posts with conversation questions.
Check them out before your leave
- Conversation Questions about Jobs
- Questions about Dreams
- Questions about Hobbies
- Conversation Questions about Pets
- Family Conversation Questions
- Conversation Questions about Friends
- Questions about Computers