Pets have been a popular part of the human experience for centuries. What is it about pets that we find so endearing? Why do we love them?
People have always loved animals, especially their pets. Today in America alone there are over 74 million pet dogs and 73 million pet cats!
Pets seem to be everywhere as companion animals in our homes or businesses; on social media sites like Facebook; on television shows; at zoos and aquariums across the nation.
They’re also often used by people with disabilities as therapy animals
Table of Contents
Questions about your Pets
Since pets are important to us, these are some conversation questions about your pets
- Do you have any pets?
- When did you first get a pet for yourself ?
- What does your pet look like?
- What do you feed it?
- How often do you play with your pets?
- Which animals make the best pets?
- Do you have one or more pets and if so what are their names?
- How did you choose the name for your pets?
- Does your pet know any tricks
- What is your relationship to pets?
- How many different pets have you had over your lifetime? Which was your favorite?
Questions about not Having a Pet
These are some questions for people who don’t have pets
- Why don’t you have a pet?
- Have you ever considered getting a pet?
- What pet would you like to have?
- Would you like to have an unusual pet?
- Do your friends have unusual pets?
- What wild animals do you find most interesting? Why?
Thinking about Pets
These are some deep questions about our relationship with pets
- Why do people love their pets so much?
- What is it about having a pet that makes them such great company
- What can pets teach children?
- Is getting a pet for yourself something planned beforehand with family members or friends, something spontaneous?
- Is there anything interesting about how much time you spend caring for your pet(s) versus other responsibilities in life such as work hours and socializing outside of home settings?
- What drives decisions around whether animals should be allowed inside living spaces?
- Why do some people not like pets?
- If you could be any animal in the world, what would you be and why?
- How can pets help people emotionally?
- What pets are most popular in your country?
More ESL Conversation Questions
Thank you for exploring the realm of pets through these engaging conversation questions. Whether you’re a passionate pet owner, an animal lover, or simply curious about the wonderful world of companionship, these questions have hopefully sparked intriguing discussions and provided new insights.
These are more posts with ESL conversation questions
- Social Media Questions for Students
- Questions about Mormonism
- How Often Conversation Questions
- Superlative Questions for the ESL Classroom
- Comparative Questions for the ESL Classroom
- Family Conversation Questions
- Food Conversation Questions for the ESL Classroom