Most people love sports and talk about them during their free time therefore a series of good sport conversation questions are perfect for classroom conversations.
Use these sets of sport conversation questions as you see fit.
I suggest copying and pasting them into a word document and cutting them into strips and place them inside a bag so the question that students would answer will be based on their luck
Table of Contents
Sport General Questions
Let’s begin with some basic sport conversation questions
- Do you play any sports?
- Are you good at playing any sports?
- have you ever participated in a school team?
- How often do you play sports?
- What’s your favorite professional athlete?
- What’s the most expensive sport?
- What sport would you like to try?
- What sports do you like to watch live?
- What sports do you like to watch on TV?
- What are some sports you dislike watching? Why?
- How often do you read sport news?
- Have you ever met a sport celebrity?
- Would you like to play sport for a living?
Sport Questions: Soccer
soccer is a team sport played with a spherical ball between two teams of eleven players and it is one of the most popular sports in the world.
- Do you ever watch soccer games?
- Do you watch the world cup?
- What team do you supoort during the world cup?
- Have you ever attended to a world cup game?
- Who is your favorite soccer player?
- Do you have a favorite soccer team?
- Do you watch the champions league games?
- How often do you watch soccer games?
- Do you play soccer with your friends?
- Have you ever played indoor soccer?
- Have you ever been to a soccer stadium?
Sport Questions: Extreme Sports
Action sports, Adventure sports or Extreme sports are activities perceived as involving a high degree of risk. These activities often involve speed, height, a high level of physical exertion, and highly specialized gear
- What are extreme sports?
- Have you ever tried extreme sports?
- What extreme sports would you like to try?
- What are some of the risks of doing extreme sports?
- What do you think about bungee jumping or climbing?
- What makes snowboarding dangerous?
- What water extreme sports would you like to do if you could?
- What cases do you about people getting injured doing extreme sports?
- Should teenagers do extreme sports?
- Do you know a friend who does extreme sports?
- Why do you think people like risky sports?
- Would you like to try parachuting?
- What do you think of people who participate in extreme sports?
- What do you think of rock free climbing?
- What preparation in general do you need to have before attempting extreme sports?
Sport Questions: Mixed Martial Arts and Boxing
Mixed martial arts (MMA) is a full-contact combat sport that allows striking and grappling, both standing and on the ground, using techniques from various combat sports and martial arts
- Have you ever watched mixed martial arts ?
- Do you have a favorite MMA fighter?
- What MMA promotion do you usually watch?
- Do you think that MMA should be banned?
- What do you think about boxing?
- What do you prefer? MMA or Boxing?
- Do you know what Jiu-Jitsu is?
- Do you like watching wrestling?
Sport Questions about Swimming
Here are some engaging conversation questions about swimming:
- What inspired you to start swimming, and how has it impacted your life?
- Do you prefer swimming in pools, lakes, or oceans? Why?
- Have you ever participated in a swimming competition?
- How do you overcome any fears or challenges related to swimming?
- What is your favorite swimming stroke, and why do you enjoy it the most?
- Have you ever had a memorable or funny experience while swimming?
- Do you think swimming is a good form of exercise?
- How do you stay motivated to swim regularly, especially during colder seasons?
- What’s your favorite swimming destination or dream location to swim in someday?
Feel free to use these questions to spark interesting conversations about swimming!
Sport Questions: Winter Sports
Winter sports are the ones that you can’t do or play anywhere in the world
- What winter sports do you know?
- What winter sport would you like to practice?
- Do you know any famous winter sport practitioner?
These are some posts that you might be interested in