A language is a system of communication which consists of a set of sounds and written symbols which are used by the people of a particular country or region for talking or writing.
We know at least one language and some people try to speak more than one since Learning a language is a complex, time-intensive task that requires dedication, persistence, and hard work.
These are some of the benefits of learning languages:
- Enhanced Problem Solving Skills
- Improved Verbal and Spatial Abilities
- Improved Memory Function (long & short-term)
- Enhanced Creative Thinking Capacity
- Better Memory
- More Flexible and Creative Thinking
- Improved Attitude Toward the Target Language and Culture
Now let’s check some of the best questions about languages to have a interesting conversation in the classroom
Table of Contents
Questions about Languages
This is the first set of questions about languages
- What is the most beautiful language in the world?
- What language would you like to learn?
- What three languages would you really like to speak?
- What languages are you studying?
- What is the most useful language in the world to know?
- Which do you think is the most difficult language to learn?
- What do you think about the languages that are dying?
- How would the world be if we all spoke a common language?
This is the second set of questions about languages
- How many languages do you speak fluently?
- Is English important for an individual in your country?
- Does your country have more than official language?
- What language is spoken the most in your country?
- What language do the neighboring countries of where you live speak?
- Do you know anyone who is bilingual or multilingual?
- Is it rude to speak your own language around people who can’t understand?
- How much of a barrier do you think language is?
Questions about Languages in School
There are some questions about languages in school
- Do you think all people should be required to study the same foreign language?
- Do you think all people should be required to study English?
- Did you take language classes when you were in school?
- Do you enjoy studying grammar?
- Do you like to study reading, writing, speaking and listening?
- What skills is the most difficult to learn when learning a new language?
- What skills is the easiest to learn when learning a new language?
- Do you use a dictionary when studying a new language?
- Are you a proficient English speaker?
- Did you get good grades when you were in language classes?
- Do you prefer learning languages in a class or individually?
- How much time do you spend actively learning per day/week?
- What advice can you give to new language learners?
More ESL Conversation Questions
I hope that you have found all the questions about languages that you were looking for
These are some post you might want to check out:
- Hotel Conversation Questions
- Conversation Questions about Books
- My List of Favorite Questions
- Discussion Questions about Shopping
- Discussion Questions about Feminism
- 70 Good Conversation Questions about Traveling
- Discussion Questions about Goals
If you want to submit questions to this list, please message me on Twitter or Facebook