Feminism is defined as a movement to end sexism, sexist exploitation, and oppression.
Feminism can be seen as both an individual commitment to treating people as equals and a political movement towards restructuring society in fair ways. In order to achieve this, feminist activists have directly challenged oppressive social practices, institutions and
These are some common questions to discuss what feminism is and understand it better
Table of Contents
Questions about Feminism
These are some questions about feminism
- How do you define feminism?
- What do you know about the history of feminism?
- Who should be credited with starting the feminist movement?
- What are some types of feminism?
- Has Feminism changed over time?
- How has gender affected your life?
- Do you consider yourself to be a feminist?
- Do you agree men and women should be equal? What steps can we take to achieve equality?
- What do feminists generally agree on?
- What do feminists disagree about?
- Can you name some feminist figures?
- What questions would you like to ask a feminist?
- What questions do people ask most about feminism?
- Why don’t we hear more men speaking out about women’s rights?
- How can we encourage more men to stand up for women’s rights?
- Do feminists hate men?
- Wasn’t Margaret Thatcher a feminist?
- What do you think about the gender pay gap?
- Why are some people against feminism?
- Can men be feminists?
- Is your country totally fair and equal to women and men?
- Who are the most vocal people in favor of feminism?
- Who are the most vocal people against feminism?
- What is your opinion of sexual objectification?
- How is feminism viewed in your country?
- What do you think about female genital mutilation?
- Is it really better to be a woman today than 50 years ago?
- Do feminists have a hard time dating men?
- What’s a feminist boyfriend?
- What’s feminist underwear?
Interesting Articles about Feminist
These are some of the articles I read to understand some of the questions about feminism found in this blog post
More ESL Conversation Questions
If you are looking for more resources to practice your English skills or have meaningful conversations with your students, I’ve compiled a list of some posts with conversation questions.
Check them out before your leave