Holidays are a time for family, friends, and fun. They give us the opportunity to take a break from work or school and enjoy some much-needed relaxation.
There may be questions that we all ask ourselves from time to time such as
|What are some fun facts about holidays?
|What kind of traditions do you have on your family’s holiday?
|What is your favorite Christmas movie?
|What is your favorite holiday song?
In this blog post, you will find the most common questions people ask about holidays so you can assess your learners or have a good time with friends
Table of Contents
Holidays Conversation Questions
These are some holidays questions to ask your students so you can assess their speaking skills
These are some of the general questions that you can ask about a specific holiday
- What’s your favorite holiday?
- When is that holiday celebrated?
- Do you celebrate that holiday with your family or with your friends?
- Is gift-giving a part of that holiday?
- What do you like the most about that holiday?
- Is that holiday a religious activity?
- Who have you celebrated that holiday with before?
- What do you look forward to the most about that holiday?
- Do your friends and family celebrate the love that holiday too?
- How much money do you spend on that holiday?
General Questions about Holidays
These are some general questions about holidays
- What holidays do you celebrate?
- What holidays do you really look forward to?
- What are some public holidays in your country?
- Do you go to parties during the new year celebrations?
- What are your favorite religious holidays?
- What do you know about foreign holidays?
- Are there any holidays that you really don’t like?
- Does your country have parades during certain holidays?
- What Holidays do you consider stressful?
- Do you prefer summer or winter holidays?
- What are the most popular destinations in your country during some holidays?
- Is it better to stay at home on holidays or go somewhere?
- What holiday food do you like?
- How far in advance do you plan your holidays?
- What’s the most important holiday in your country?
- Describe your dream holiday!
Holidays Conversation Questions: Christmas
These are some of the most common questions that people have about Christmas
- Do you decorate your house for Christmas?
- Do you decorate your Christmas tree?
- Do you prefer natural or artificial trees?
- When is the best time to put up the Christmas lights?
- When is the best time to take down the Christmas tree?
- Should you leave your Christmas tree up until January?
- What do you do at Christmas?
- What does your family do on Christmas?
- What’s the best gift you have received on Christmas?
- Do you usually give gifts for Christmas?
- Have you celebrated Christmas in another country?
- Do you remember how your family celebrated Christmas when you were a little kid?
- Did you enjoy last Christmas? What did you like about it?
- Do you have any special movies that you like to watch at Christmas?
- Do you attend any special religious ceremonies during the Christmas season?
Opinions about Different Holidays
These are some questions to learn about people’s opinions about different holidays
- Do you think that Christmas decisions are heavily influenced by consumerism?
- What are your thoughts about Father’s day?
- Is Father’s day less celebrated than Mother’s day?
- What are some good ideas for Mother’s day presents?
- Are there some holiday traditions that you dislike?
Holidays Conversation Questions: Thanksgiving
These are some of the most common questions that people have about thanksgiving
- What do you know about Thanksgiving?
- Do you celebrate Thanksgiving?
- What’s your favorite Thanksgiving food?
- Do you buy items online during Black Friday and Cyber Monday?
- What did you do for Thanksgiving when you were a kid?
- What is your favorite Thanksgiving memory?
- What is your worst Thanksgiving memory?
- What are some Thanksgiving traditions in your family?
- Where do you go for Thanksgiving?
For more information about Thanksgiving Conversation questions and Vocabulary. Check my Thanksgiving Conversation Questions Post
Holidays Conversation Questions: Halloween
These are some of the most common questions that people have about Halloween
- Is Halloween an important day in your country?
- Is Halloween celebrated in your country?
- Do religious people have negative opinions about Halloween?
- Did you go trick-or-treating as a child?
- What would you recommend to kids who go trick or treating?
- Why do you like to celebrate Halloween?
- Do you think Halloween is dangerous?
- What are some of the things you are thankful for?
- What do you think some people don’t like about Halloween?
Holidays: Independence Day Questions
These are some of the most common questions people have about independence day
- When is Independence day celebrated in your country?
- How is Independence day celebrated in your country?
- What do you like the most about celebrating independence day?
- Do cities organize parades during this holiday?
I hope that you have found the holidays questions you were looking for
We hope you have a great conversation with the help of these questions about holidays.
- Conversation Questions about Books
- My List of Favorite Questions
- Discussion Questions about Technology
- Discussion Questions about Shopping
- Discussion Questions about Feminism
- Discussion Questions about Wars
- Discussion Questions about Fashion and Clothing
What questions would you like to include? if you have additional holidays questions, message me on Facebook or Twitter