Sentences using conjunctions are easy to make since there are many of them that we can use.
A conjunction is a word used to connect clauses or sentences or to coordinate words in the same clause
These are some example of the conjunctions in English:
Some conjunctions are most common others, some are used in formal and informal settings while others are commonly used in academic writing.
Table of Contents
Sentences using Conjunctions: Because
These are some sentence using because which is one of the most common conjunctions in English
- I did it because Carlos told me
- I’m here because I need your help
- I went to the supermarket because my mother told me
- I love to go to church, because I like to see my friends.
- I started working as a driver because I really needed the money
- She started complaining to the hotel because someone stole her purse
- He made a few adjustments because the site was really slow
Sentences using Conjunctions: For
For means the exact same thing as because. The only difference is that when you use for to join two sentences together into one compound sentence, you need to use a comma before it.
When you use because to join to sentences, you don’t use a comma before it.
These are some sentences using the conjunction for
- I drank some water, for I was thirsty.
- She must have been very hungry, for she ate everything immediately.
- He’s overweight, for he eats too many cakes and biscuits.
- I told her to leave, for I was very tired
- I drank some water, for I was thirsty.
- She put on a sweater, for it was cold outside.
- She was tired when she arrived in class, for she had studied all night.
Sentences using Conjunctions: But
But is used for joining two ideas or statements when the second one is different from the first one, or seems surprising after the first one.
- You are great but somebody else took the job
- I was tired but I really wanted to finish the marathon
- She was kinda lazy but her English is really good
- I know his name, but he is not my father.
- I like soccer but I hardly ever play
- I tried out for the basketball team, but I didn’t make it.
- It is a beautiful day, but yesterday it was cold.
Sentences using Conjunctions: And
And is used between words, phrases etc in order to connect them together
- I have to do my homework and you will finish the project
- I love teaching children and preparing them for international tests
- I play tennis and swim
- Tom closed his eyes and concentrated
- Tom grabbed the letter and read it
- She studies administration and manages online store
- We applied for the application and applied for the job
Sentences using Conjunctions: Or
Or is used to connect different possibilities
- You have to behave or you go home
- You need money or another job
- She needs a car or a better motorcycle
- She has to get a job or study another major
- Do you like tea or coffee?
- You’re gonna wash the dishes or do the laundry
- Please record this or listen carefully.
Sentences using Conjunctions: Yet
These are some sentences with yet acting as a conjunction
- He’s cool enough, yet I don’t like him.
- Linda plays tennis well, yet her favorite sport is soccer
- I don’t like the snow, yet I want to visit the North Pole
- I haven’t read the whole book, yet I am impressed by the ending
- She hates this place, yet she is back to help people change
- I haven’t worked there, yet I recommend you to apply for a job there
- I haven’t watched, yet I think you should watch it
Sentences using Conjunctions: Although
Although mean ‘in spite of something’.
- Although I don’t have a good English, I will apply for the job
- I have a lot respect for her although I don’t agree with her
- They won the war, although it cost them millions of lives.
- He is still active although he is not as good as it used to be
- Although they are twins, they have few interests in common
- Although it is a very difficult task, I will do my best.
- Although she is my best friends, I agree that she is a bit rude sometimes
I hope that you have found all the sentences with conjunctions you were looking for
These are some articles with more examples