“Could” is a modal verb used to express possibility or past ability as well as to make suggestions and requests.
These are some examples of questions with could
|Could you please speak a little bit more slowly?|
|Could you please tell me again why you are late?|
|Could you tell me how to get to Park Street from here?|
Now check all these examples of closed and open questions with could
Table of Contents
Closed Questions with Could
These are some examples of closed questions with could
- Could I pay by credit card?
- Could you repair that window?
- Could you tell me where the bank is, please?
- Could you send me a catalogue, please?
- Could I ask a question please?
- Could we go home now?
- Could you take a message, please?
- Could I have my bill, please?
- Could you please move this box?
- Could you please pass that paper?
- Could you help me fix my computer?
- Could you phone my mother?
- Could you lend me your pen?
- Could I have something to drink?
- Could I borrow your stapler?
- Could I leave now?
- Could I please use your bathroom?
- Could we move on to the next topic now please?
- Could you pass me the salt please?
- Could I have a glass of water?
- Could you post this letter for me?
- Could you start a fire, honey?
Open Questions with Could
These are some examples of open questions with could
- How could you do something like that?
- How could you have erased the disk?
- How could you be so cruel?
- Why couldn’t you do it?
- Where could you get something like it?
- How could she blame him?
- How could he find out?
- How could he do such a thing to his own children?
- But what could have happened?
- How could she be so stupid?
- What could she say?
- How could he be so calm about it?
- How could anyone be right 100% of the time?
- What could they do?
- How could I refuse an offer like that?
- How could I expect more?
Conversation with Could
This is an example of a conversation with could
|Michelle||Will’s party is tonight|
|Elizabeth||It’s a Halloween party|
|Michelle||Oh right. I could go as Wonder Woman|
|Michelle||Yes, we don’t know anybody there except for Will|
|Elizabeth||What time are you gonna get there?|
|Michelle||Probably around 8|
|Elizabeth||Could you get there earlier?|
|Michelle||sure, around 7?|
|Elizabeth||Yes, see you there|
More Examples in English
These are some posts with more examples and ESL conversation questions