For many students, religion can be a touchy topic. When it comes to sharing their beliefs and experiences with others, some people are more comfortable than others.
Religion has been around for centuries and is practiced by billions of people all over the world. It shapes our culture, traditions, and values.
- What are your thoughts about organized religion?
- Does religions impact culture practices such as food choices and clothing styles?
In this blog post, we will explore questions about religions to help us better understand why most people feel inclined to join one of them
Table of Contents
Questions about Religion
Have you ever felt like religion is a touchy topic? Perhaps it’s something that makes people feel uncomfortable or even judged. If this sounds familiar, don’t worry! We have some questions about religion to help ensure your conversation goes smoothly and can be enjoyed by all parties involved.
Student’s A Questions
This is the first set of discussion questions about religions
- What is a religion?
- Which religion are you?
- How long have you been a member of that religion?
- Do you believe in God or a higher power?
- What are some religions in the worlds?
- Do you go to religious services every week?
- What religion do you know well?
- Do you think there is a true faith or a true religion?
- Why do you think your religion is the true religion?
- What is the meaning of life according to your faith?
- What’s your religion’s holy text?
- What are your thoughts about life after death?
- Which part of the world did that religion come from ?
- What’s the main religion in your country?
- Do you believe in miracles?
Student’s B Questions
This is the second set of discussion questions about religions
- Have you changed religions?
- How do you practice your religion?
- Do you have any religious customs that influence the way you live your life?
- How many religions are in the world?
- Can you be religious without believing in any one specific religion?
- Do people have to go through some kind of ceremony or ritual when they change religions?
- Why should people of different faiths get along with each other when there are so many conflicting beliefs and practices?
- What are some common misconceptions people have about this particular belief system?
- How can someone become a member of this faith if they want to be affiliated with it?
- Are there are any other religions that have similar ideas as yours?
- How does your religious beliefs impact on society as we know it now and for future generations?
- What do you think about other religions versus yours? what’s good and bad about them?
- Do you have friends or family that are members of a different religion or not religious?
- What rules are harder to follow in your religion?
- Do you admire any religious figures?
Student’s C Questions
This is the third set of discussion questions about religions
- Which religions have a small number of followers?
- What are the main major religions of the world?
- What would the world be like without religion?
- Do you like talking about religion?
- Is religion always a good thing?
- Why do people distance themselves from organized religions?
- Does religion give hope to people?
- What do you think about mega churches?
- Do you believe in heaven and hell?
- Do you know what the Church of Spaghetti monster?
- What positive things do religions do today?
- What negative things do religions do today?
- Do you know anyone who has no religion? Does their decision bother you?
- Would you change your religion for marriage?
- Do religions cause problems?
Articles about Religions
These are some interesting articles that will help you answer some of the questions about religions included here
More ESL Conversation Questions
We hope that these questions can help you have a great conversation about religion. If there are any other questions about religion, please let us know!
If you are looking for more resources to practice your English skills or have meaningful conversations with your students, I’ve compiled a list of some posts with conversation questions.
Check them out before your leave
- Conversation Questions about Jobs
- Questions about Dreams
- Questions about Hobbies
- Conversation Questions about Pets
- Questions about Soccer
- Questions about Prisons
- Questions about Crime
Let’s us know via Telegram other good questions about religions that you want us to include in the list